Happy We Day everyone!!! If you don't know what that is, please go on www.facebook.com/weday and you will see how it all works. "Free the Children" is a charity that was started by a young man wanting to see children in poor countries get education and healthcare. Now, this is a worldwide movement and the "Me to We" campaign aims to get ppl out of their selfish mindsets and start thinking about how WE can change the world together through partnering with poor countries and supporting them.
Just by clicking on the "Like" button you will be able to donate money to this cause. I firmly believe in it. :)
---
Sometimes I wish I had more money just so I could give it away... seriously! Like one of my newfound friends, all he needs is 2000 dollars and then he can be able to go to finish his Master's program!!! He is stuck because he has no money to go to school and it is very hard to find a job. So I'm just praying and thinking about how I can get him that 2000 dollars. It's not any kind of Master's program either, it is a Counselling Degree. Imagine, with that Counselling degree, he will be equipped and ready to help hundreds other people out there who are going through problems. Not that he cannot help ppl right now, but with that degree he can reach so many more people that he normally would not reach!!! And do it more effectively too!!!
(If you have money and want to donate to my friend's Education Fund, please let me know!!! Every little bit helps!!!)
---
Just two days ago we got a message on our answering machine saying that Choy Bak, an elderly man from my old church, had passed away. He was in much pain at the hospital due to cancer, and so in a way we are relieved that he went to be with God. I am mentioning this on my blog because I knew Choy Bak personally. Although we weren't close friends, he knew me to be Lily's daughter, and he would say hi and chat with me on the bus.
In fact, it was only about a month ago that I saw him on the bus. He's such a friendly person. He went to volunteering very faithfully every week. Even in the snow and rain, my mom said, he would go to volunteering. It's not like a "fun" kind of volunteering either. It was a mundane job, recording cassette tapes/CDs for people who wanted to listen to sermons. Imagine sitting there just recording cassette tapes all day long. I don't know how many days a week he did it, or how many hours, but in any case, I believe that Choy Bak was a very faithful Christian.
You don't hear a lot about those faithful Christians. You often hear about the crappy ones in the news, the ones who did some sex scandal or whatever. I don't even know if those are real Christians or if those are Christians who just got distracted by the devil. In any case, you don't hear about the good side of Christianity very often.
I want to say that I respect Choy Bak a lot. It's hard to imagine that this man whom I saw a month ago smiling on the bus ended up in pain with cancer at the hospital only a few weeks later, and then another few weeks later was gone. But it encourages me to stay faithful to God and let my life be a blessing to people around me, no matter in a big or small way. I want to shake Choy Bak's hand again one day in heaven, and tell him that he was a really really good inspiration.
Back to my original topic... I wish you a happy we day. Remember, We are in this together. :) *BIG FAT HUGS GO OUT TO EVERYONE READING THIS!!!!!***
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.