Monday, September 13, 2010

My first day of school *giddiness*

Hello friends!

You are probably wondering why I'm not in a line at the bookstore (man, that line is long!) or why I am not in class... Well let me tell you about my day...

I woke up at 5am ish, as I said in my previous blog post (don't worry I won't always post 2x a day, there's such a thing as homework!) but I didn't leave the house till roughly 9:20am. Cuz my class starts at 10:30am... Lo and behold there was like 69 people at the bus stop at STC waiting for the 38 bus... and 85% were probably from my school.

And when the bus came, it said Detour on Route, due to an accident at Markham and Ellesmere (horrible! http://www.insidetoronto.com/news/local/article/872751--man-injured-in-accident) The detour took us into a very small road with lots and lots of buses and cars. We were moving like snails and I was wondering if I should just get off the bus and walk to school, maybe it would've been faster.

Turns out after we got out of the detour, I came to school right on time. Right on the dot! As I ran up the stairs to meet my friends Walter and May, I yelled "YES! I'M NOT LATE FOR THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS!" I'm pretty sure I got a few stares but really, May is the one who deserves the stares (kind ones) because of her beautiful funky outfit (she had a headband that looked like a helicopter thing and a very nice white poofy dress).

The prof was late because of the jam too, even worse cuz she took 2.5 hours on the TTC. She's a VERY GOOD prof. Fantasy and the Fantastic in Literature is gonna be my favourite course!!!! We get a movie day for "Howl's moving castle" (anime) and maybe even a trip to "Wicked" (musical)!!!! *GASP* I so want to invite more ppl who are not in this course! Someone reading this knows who I'm talking about!!!

As you can probably tell, I am getting more and more hyper as the weeks progress. Walter noticed this already. I can thank my friends May and Sam for being there to encourage free-flowing thoughts and giddiness, as well as hyperness and cheerfulness :) Brings back Men's Group memories. :) Yes, I was part of a Men's group (ETCBC) and no I'm not trans.

Ok so after lunch, I was expecting to go to my 1-3pm Psychology C.S.I. class but two people came in saying that the class was cancelled, the prof couldn't make it... etc. etc. So I ended up going to the gym cuz I found out they have a NEW LYRICAL JAZZ DANCE CLASS!!!! Yes, the two dances that I ALWAYS WANTED TO LEARN, COMBINED!

20 BUCKS for the semester. Although it is 5 dollars more expensive than last year's classes in general, I think it's worth it. I really have to thank God cuz it fits right into my schedule at a convenient time, and this class is just the best gift anyone could give me. Dance is one of my biggest passions. And normally, out there in the "real world", classes are at least 15 dollars PER WEEK.

*sigh* On a more serious note... I hope that person who got hit will survive and be ok. And I hope that serious letter I sent this morning to an old friend of mine will be taken well. It's a friendship that I hope will be renewed, but at the same time, I've been hurt too many times... just like an on and off gf/bf relationship....*sigh*

And I hope tonight's tutoring goes well... tomorrow I'm keeping myself busy by taking Steph's shift at the library from 1-5pm... Lots of reading to do as well for my English courses! Speaking of reading, maybe I should do some right now... save time... God bless you all!

Thank You God for a wonderful day so far! :D
---
(ADDED SECONDS LATER...)

And I just found out my friend Kevin Wang and I got quoted in The Varsity newspaper!!!! Thanks Dylan for writing the article!

http://thevarsity.ca/articles/32380

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.