Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Really Random tidbits on a Really Rainy Tuesday

Today I lost my umbrella... but thank God my friend Jerry offered to help me find it as I rushed off downtown to see the traditional Chinese doctor... I really hate it when I lose umbrellas, it happens so often and I hate getting wet in the rain...

This doctor was better than the other two. He didn't charge a lot of money, just enough to cover the medicine fees. He was very friendly and sincere, and had an Ontario certificate in traditional Chinese medicine, as opposed to a Chinese one (therefore I trust him more, cuz those Chinese ones basically learned from tradition only and not from any formal education). I was very happy and felt that this man was a noble man, because he wasn't greedy, he only wanted to help people.

I got a lot of reading done during my travel time. I read the sad story of Oroonoko, the Royal Slave (this is a novel) It's a good story, just super sad. However, he is a hero in the story, and also a very noble person because he tried to save people from slavery and he loved his wife (named Imoinda) very very much. It is a love story, historical story, and a very sad story. I cannot relate to this story very much but I was just horrified at the way Oroonoko and Imoinda had to die. It's just so depressing... but don't you worry, I did not cry and I think I will just take it as a story.

Fuzzy the guinea pig is getting bigger. I compare him to the Lion King, because he likes to stand on a wooden block and put his head up like a majestic lion... and he's brown and furry anyway. Haha.

Today on the bus, I was trying to get to the back to sit down, but the bus lurched forward and I fell backward on a wrong spot. Now my left side of the bum hurts when I sit, even if I sit on a soft surface. That's how bad my butt hit the hard part of the seat. Ugh.

I've got some friends going through troubles... I wish I could do more to help them... but really, I guess the best I can do is just be there and pray for them...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.