It was a couple days since I posted my goals. I want to check to see how well/poorly I am doing. Youpi.
1. Get 85% or above in every course.
I don't think I can know that yet. :P But I'm sort of catching up with reading... barely. Yesterday a box of books came from Amazon.com, and I realized how thick and dense some of these English books are. I think I should aim to read ahead, not simply "catch up" with readings.
2. Going to the gym 2x a week (no excuses, Martine! Dance and fitness!)
I went to the gym once. 20 min of running. I didn't go again because I wasn't feeling that great. But I ran a lot to and from buses!!! :P I guess I'll do some exercise after I finish writing and eating breakfast.
3. Taking my meds and eating/drinking properly.
I didn't take meds yesterday and my excuse was that I wasn't feeling well. How ironic. I also told myself that I don't care and I don't think they work anyway. Typical. I don't know how to reconcile this... But I've been eating and drinking so-so. Yesterday I said that I only ate one slice of pizza for dinner but then afterwards I decided to eat a proper dinner. YAY for health.
4. Don't stress out over little things/get easily angered
Still working on it.
5. Spending time with close friends every week
This week I spent time with May, Walter, Thuy, and Christine. Christine is such a moving speaker. I don't know if I regret or don't regret mentioning that I saw Jong near my church last Sunday cuz she went into a very moving and emotional speech telling me to forget about him and that he's moved on, why he treated me like the way he did before, etc. I kind of wanted to cry when she was telling me all that. I held it inside though, and cried the next morning. I think God is trying to help me get over ALL my exes (I wanted to say evil exes just to sound like Scott Pilgrim movie but no they were not evil) in like one month or something.
6. Spending quiet time with God every day (morning and night, preferably)
Doing pretty good with this one. Thank God! :)
7. When I feel lonely/depressed, immediately read the Bible and/or pray.
Not good. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't and get more depressed.
8. When I have free time, don't go on facebook. (Study or do something else productive)
The problem with this one is that when I'm lonely, I cannot study or do anything else productive. Then I use facebook as a means to cheer myself up cuz then I can learn about what's going on in other ppl's lives, talk to others, feel connected to others somehow. But it is definitely still not that great, cuz my readings will one day depress me if I don't do anything about it. And I lose track of what's very urgent, such as sending Steph Act One of the Christmas Play.
Facebook only used when I MUST contact someone through that means. If I want to share something, share on my blog cuz then it's less distracting.
As you can see, I probably spend WAY too much time on my blog. I just have so much to tell, and I love to write. This is what happens when you can't see your best friends very often.
9. Don't become workaholic.
I don't know, am I being workaholic this week? Probably not. But I might become one next week if I'm not careful.
10. Spend time with my son, Fuzzy. And write to my daughter in Uganda, Grace.
I haven't written to Grace yet because I need to find a good card to give her. But I should really speed that up. Fuzzy is doing well, been spending time with him. He's like a little grizzly bear now. HA. Not really, but he is pretty brown and furry. And getting bigger. He's running around behind me as I write this.
11. Walk slower. Try not to rush!
yeah... i only rushed when i was kind of getting late. But otherwise i think im slower now.
12. Save MONEY! No unnecessary snacks, esp. popcorn and chips. SPC Mastercard must only be used if I really need the item (e.g. pet food) and NOT for the sake of the deal. :P Remember, I owe OSAP roughly 20 000 dollars after this year is done.
I just received my second Mastercard in the mail. :O well, u gotta understand that... this Mastercard is a CASHBACK Mastercard so if i happen to keep using this one, instead of my other one, then eventually i will actually get some money back for free if i use this for essential items... yes... IF...
On a more serious note, I still had to buy extra food due to lack of energy and a bit of depression. But not that much.
13. When I feel unluckier than the number 13, count my blessings and just smile and thank God :D
I didn't feel unlucky. Just sad. I guess I should change this goal to when I feel sadder than the number 13.
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.