My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
--Psalm 73:26
Today I was thinking about this verse but I could only think of the part where it says "God is the strength of my heart". For some reason, the more I repeated it in my heart the more angry I got. I tried to figure out why I was so angry. Maybe because I didn't feel that my heart was strong at all, I can't really believe that God is strengthening me at all. But when I searched up the context of the verse and read the WHOLE thing, it actually comforted me. I think it's more realistic in context cuz it says at the top, that my flesh and my heart may fail... but God is the strength of my heart and MY PORTION forever. My portion means that He is enough. So it's not like some abstract idea that God is in my heart and therefore I am strong, but it's that He is enough to sustain me.
I like things in context. Gives you a better understanding. And less anger. :)
Today I feel weak physically and emotionally. For a little while this morning I wanted to quit everything because I just felt that weak. I didnt want to go to school, work, or anything. But yeah, don't wanna let ppl down or screw myself over, so let's go, Martine.
Off to another crazy day.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.