Saturday, June 15, 2013

Job interview update

Hello dear friends, how are you doing? I'm doing good, great actually :)

I just went to the Youth Worker job interview with Charis Evangelical Free Church.  I think it went well but it was shorter than I thought.  But they asked me to tell them about myself (I actually used Mandarin to speak to them because they are a Mandarin church).  They asked me what do I feel is most important (e.g. Bible study, building relationships, games, sharing etc) and I said Bible study with sharing and building relationships.  The pastor (Rev. Wang) asked me what was my impression of their church and I said that they are really friendly, the boys are calm, and overall good impression.

They asked me also how well do I feel comfortable preaching.  I told them I was ok with preaching 3 times a month and that I took the preaching course and had experience preaching.  They also said that they are not strict like Grace Church where I can only take 1 vacation of 1 week only per year.  They said I can take more if I want and they treat me like a family if I get hired. I feel very comfortable with that.

They said they will get this through the Steering Committee before they make a final decision whether to hire me and how much they would pay.  They asked me what am I expecting in terms of salary and I just told them Grace church gave me $1200 a month.  But that they could make their own decision how much to pay me, it is up to them and no pressure.  They said they will consider that and pay me appropriately according to the amount of work I do.

Anyway I feel glad that the interview went alright. I hope my mandarin was not too bad.  I accidentally said week instead of month and they corrected me.  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.