Saturday, November 10, 2012

interesting article

I believe in living a radial and sold out life for God, where my passion is walked out practically. So I have read my bible every day for 30+ years. I haven't missed 20 Sundays in church in 38 years. I give large portion of my income away. I love to spend time with God, praying and hanging out. (I do these things because I want to not because anyone requires them of me).

BUT religion is never satisfied. If you read one chapter a day, it should have been two. If you pray for 15 minutes it should have been an hour. If you fast for 3 days, it should have a week. If you tithe 10% it should have been 20%. If you go to church every week, you missed Wednesday night. Religion is a slave driving, hater of people. It requires you to work for love instead living from love.

The symptoms of this disease are;
...

1-You feel guilty no matter how you hard you try.

2-Your identity is strictly attached to what you do.

3-Whenever you're not working you feel guilty.

4-You judge others by how they perform and you compare yourself to their performance.

5-You're overcommitted and feel exhausted most the time.

6-You always have the underline thought that if you worked harder or sacrificed more you would be happy.

7-Sacrifice is your highest core value and you know nothing about passion.

8-You feel guilty when you're having fun.

9-You feel bad for spending money on yourself or doing something that you really enjoy but that doesn't seem spiritual.

10-You're never really happy or ever actually feel loved.

11-If you miss one of your disciplines you feel like something terrible is going to happen to you.

Taken from Kris Vallotton KVMinistries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.