Thursday, November 8, 2012

Did I ever really love Tommy? Did he really love me?

The answer to the first question: I don't know.  I'm thinking maybe at first it was reciprocal love, and then I chose to fall in love with him.  Since I chose it, I can also choose to fall out of love with him fast.  As usual.  I'm always fast.  Guy after guy after guy with no break time in between.  It has always been this way.  Part of bipolar personality.

Did he really love me? Over the past few days I doubted it.  But today Jean Renel told me that from the way Tommy talked to him, Tommy really did love me and wanted still to marry me.  I don't know but I guess I believe him.

Riley and Christina said I should stay single for a set amount of time and not even think about getting a boyfriend because when I am least thinking about it, God will show me the right guy.  That will be hard to do because I'm already trying to figure out if I should wait around for Harold, the guy I liked before Tommy.

On another note, recently I got into translation and basically am doing it freelancing part time for Canadian Association of Wound Care.  I like it, I don't love it but I don't mind it.  So looking ahead to my future, I am thinking of finishing my Tyndale studies (which would finish in about 2.5 years depending on how fast I do summer school and whatever)... then do one year of Translation Studies in University of Ottawa.  It seems to have the best program that I have found so far although I didn't check Laval University, UQAM, or other Montreal universities much.  McGill doesn't have what I want though.  I need to do more research.

The reason why I want to do Translation Studies is NOT because I want to quit being a pastor.  But I'm thinking of being a tentmaker (see my previous postings) basically so that I can earn money while being a poor pastor.  Plus, if I learn interpreting I can get better at preaching.  Communication skills.  So I don't stutter or hesitate so much.

U of Ottawa is my best choice so far because I have a scholarship there.  But who knows, I might do it in Montreal, I don't know this is just the brainstorming stage.  But my parents are happy about that cuz they were worried about my finances.  My dad needs to retire soon.

How am I doing? I'm fine.  I miss Tommy and I think of him often, but that's about it.  I went to Body Combat class and punched out all my inner feelings and felt better.  I"m not that sad because I trust in God's plan and I have many friends to talk to.  Gloria thinks I should get back with my "real man" Harold but Harold doesn't even know that I like him.  Anyway I'll see him next week at Power to Change. I"m not going to Power to Change specifically for Harold, I just want a break from my regular life and listen to some good biblical teaching, that's why I'm going.  York is so damn far but I think it would be worth it, I want to talk to my P2C friends again.  Especially Harold and Riley.  Godly men who are good friends.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not that sad because I trust in God's plan and I have many friends to talk to."
    That made me smile :) May God continue to give you strength, and peace.

    On another note: YAY TRANSLATION STUDIES!!!! :D I think you're quite suitable for it. There's also a program at York (Glendon, to be exact), but you'd have to take a couple of years of undergrad courses first before you apply to the MA, so...will take longer than the other schools :S

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.