Lately at Lifegroup at church we have been discussing and learning about Grace every Wednesday. Grace is not simply being graceful like in ballet or figure skating. Grace is not something you say before a meal. It is a deep, sacrificial love that gives freely without expecting in return, and Grace shows forgiveness and kindness to those who don't deserve it. I want to learn to extend grace to others...
God gave us His grace through His son Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins. While we were still sinners, without even waiting for us to say "sorry" to Him, He already died for us. He gave us something we didn't deserve, a close relationship with Him and eternal life in heaven where joy and peace abounds.
When we go through rough times, that's when we experience God's grace the most. With Tommy, I had to learn to give grace to him and forgive him. I also had to humble myself and say sorry to him too, even though at first I thought I had done nothing wrong. I'm glad him and me talked yesterday cuz it showed me his true colours and feelings. It also exposed the fact that I needed to apologize too. I thought I was the right one, but I also had fault for misreading God's plan.
I now feel like I can be friends with Tommy, although not close friends. I feel that I still need time to get over it. But I'm still confused why did God tell Tommy to leave me yet God never told me that? Does God favour Tommy? I'm sure it's not the case, but why would God tell the guy and not the girl? To leave her hanging? It makes no sense. Maybe God didn't want to hurt me? No that doesn't make sense either because it hurt me more to hear it from Tommy. Dang, I don't know.
Anyway my mom shared this song with me, it's in Mandarin, too bad most of you don't know Mandarin. But it's talking about how when you feel most down and lonely and weak, that's when you experience God's grace the most. May God's grace give you all what you need and lift you up!
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.