Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Chilling, true, and biblical

"I've seen a pattern. God calls people, gives them vision, starts them on their way & just when it's looking good, humbles & crumbles them. After the divine humbling & crumbling, the called is sure he's blown it & it's over. He doesn't realize that only now is he ready to serve." - Beth Moore
 Isaiah, Jeremiah, Moses, David, Elijah... these are all great leaders in the Bible who have been "crumbled down" because of one thing or another.   Why didn't I realize it until now?  Every Christian leader needs to go through crumbling so that they will stay humble and the suffering be used to glorify God and make us better people and more able to relate with the "common folk".  If we were perfect we would actually not be good leaders at all.

I'm finally starting to understand why I have bipolar disorder, especially RIGHT AFTER I got the calling to become a pastor back in March 2006.  Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.