Dear friends,
sorry if I worried you a few posts ago, but these days I've been doing very well. I just arrived in PEI for what I want to think of as a "soul journey" with my dear friend and sister Selena. I am currently at the motel just waiting around for the day to begin. I'm quite the early riser. I already spent wayy too much time on facebook just now, trying to keep in touch but also killing time :P
Yesterday the taxi driver was super nice, he was like a friend and tour guide as well as a driver. He drove us to see the beach for no extra cost, and explained to us all the landmarks we passed. Our motel was freaky at first because there was hardly anyone, but we got everything figured out and watched Family Guy for a bit to calm our scares. Haha, yes, Family Guy, of all shows. I only paid attention a third of the time. The episode we watched seemed clean enough.
We saw the stars. WOW, it was awesome. We went to a clearing near the beach and we saw the Milky way and three shooting stars. Well, I think I only saw two but Selena saw three. She got an extra wish! Haha lucky girl. The first one we saw was BIG. But they are quick so we make our long wishes after they are gone. It took us a long long time before we saw the next one, so I was thinking that maybe God only gives one wish per day. HA!
but I was wrong. God is always there for us, and He looks after us even when we are in the darkest times. Or when we see baby foxes. That's right!!! We saw them! Selena smartly scared them away! We didn't dare get close, just in case.
This morning we're going to the beach. I hope I don't get bitten. That would suck. Then we're going to go visit Anne of Green Gables. Apparently, lots of Japanese girls come here, cuz it's a book in their curriculum. And they somehow think she is a real person sometimes, that's what the cab driver said. They talk as if she lives on this island, even though it's just a person with a hat-wig.
Anyway, I was thinking. I can describe life as a beach. Here goes...
---
Life is a Beach
Oceans roaring, seagulls flying
the smell of fresh salt in the big-blue air
The sand on my toes, wiggly coves
The breeze and flowers in my hair
You may think that life is a breeze
or that waves are crashing against you
life is a beach and you can see it
just the way you want it
You can look up to see the stars above
At night in the twinkling sky
You can be down and mope of the seaweed
entangled like yarn around your toes
The waves can be scary
or they can be majestic
It all depends on your outlook
The water can be shallow
or it can go deep
It's up to you if you want to follow
sometimes you want to just relax
sometimes you want to run
sometimes you want to spend time alone
or maybe you want a friend
A beach can be romantic
Or it can be deserted
It can be rocky
It can be rough
Do you notice the parallels
of your life with the seashore,
or do you pass this by
like a motorcycle
rushing,
to get to its next stop?
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.