The past few days, I was blessed to have good times spent with family. Yesterday, at Grandma's we had quite a few laughs and talks, and I chatted with Dad about soccer (although I keep wanting to say football... ah! My English is becoming French!)
And it's true that we can experience Jesus outside of church, even in our own homes or in times with friends. In silence (very hard to find silence in my busy life, but I gotta learn to slow down and quiet down)... in times when I open the Bible... or look for songs/verses online... in an email with a prayer request, or when I see a homeless man...
It's easy to pass homeless people by after a while... especially when you're going somewhere and you have no sandwich with you to give. But I wonder if one day Jesus will say... "Why didn't you stop to chat with me back there? Because whatever you do to the least of these, you do to me"
I found this song that actually shows very well how God can be found in many places. I know, it's in French, so maybe in the future I will translate it for those of you who want to know the lyrics. It still sounds nice, though, in my opinion, even if I just listen to it without trying to figure out the lyrics. The pictures are nice too.
I keep trying to tell myself that Jesus was also not accepted/understood by his earthly family at one point, and he said "a prophet does not receive honour in his own hometown" or something like that. So it helps me to keep things in perspective and feel better. But I think Jesus also had good times with his parents too, so during happy times I need to remember that.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete