My sister showed me a video which led me to other videos... (Doesn't that always happen with youtube)? Well, it's not that I was procrastinating... just resting! Yes! I learned how to rest! WOW! That is a big accomplishment in itself, because if you remember, I used to be workaholic!
Anyway, I was searching for the song "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait (actually don't know how to spell that properly) but I ended up with this:
And I was thinking about how Britney Spears used to be, and how her song can speak truth to anyone out there who is on the way to fame or attained fame. Fame can do a lot of things to you. I can't imagine the stress, the pressure, the constant attention/media, and the pain. It can be fun, but up to what point? I actually felt really sorry for Britney when she went through depression... I mean, I went through depression and it was bad enough, but for her face to be all over the papers, she must have felt even worse.
My dear friend Rachel always had a passion to pray for celebrities. I think at the beginning I didn't see why we should pray for celebrities especially, I mean I thought we should pray for everyone in general. But I'm starting to see her point of view. Even Christians who enter into the Hollywood scene can slowly get corrupted. At first I thought Miley was on the right track but now I'm worried about her. And same with Carrie Underwood. I'm finally catching on to Rachel's vision.
And I don't think it's just famous people who go through what the song mentions. I mean, I used to "have it all", being a kid with good marks and having a lot of friends in elementary, but I hated myself, and "cried cried cried" wondering why why why. I probably sound cheesy here, but my point is that all of us can feel this way, when things are all going right but you feel like if there's nothing missing, why do you still feel empty inside?
Well, I obviously don't think the end of it all is to cry. Sure, I cry a lot, but it's only so that I can let out all my sadness/anger/frustration/stress. But yeah, there is hope and the story doesn't end there. After I realized my "missing peace" was God, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour and from then on I had a reason to live.
I might have told this story to you before, but I just want to share it with those who didn't know... I went from a bully (yes I was a bully), a Chinese-swear-word user, a girl with a double life (one good, one bad), TO a kind person (too kind sometimes, I need to find the balance), a girl longing for purity, and someone who wants to be one transparent leader. And it's not me, but it's God who can change me like that.
And I'm lucky because I get to be with my best friend... whom I am deeply in love with... Adrian Leung!!!! If you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend, it's ok, this song is still funny to watch because they filmed in on a rowboat and they used a weird guitar pick! And the lifejackets were holding the camera!!!!!
I wish you all true love (not necessarily romantic love, even though that's nice), open friendship, hope for tomorrow, strength for today, and most of all, INNER PEACE!!!!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.