God has not promised
skies always blue,
flower-strewn pathways
all our lives through;
God has not promised
sun without rain
joy without sorrow,
peace without pain.
But God has promised
strength for the day,
rest for the labor,
light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
help from above,
unfailing sympathy,
undying love.
-Annie Johnson Flint, on a Recycled Paper Greetings Card
----
I found this greeting card at Carlton Cards store, and I really loved the message. I'm going to send it to my little friend/daughter Grace in Uganda. Being a World Vision sponsored child, I think she will one day be able to read this card and remember what God has done for her over the years, in the difficult circumstances that face people in her country.
I think this card touched me too, I mean, even though I was the one buying it. You all know I usually get bogged down by my problems, and when times get tough I feel weary of life and get really depressed. But yeah, even though God doesn't promise a perfect life, at least we have His gracious love and strength to carry us through.
Although I wish life didn't have suffering, I know it would be a bit weird if we were all living in a Garden of Eden type thing... there wouldn't be as much depth to anything if it was still like that.
On a side note, those of you who commented in a previous post, I did not forget you. I just had an exam to study for and wanted to wait till a proper time for me to think deeply about what to write. Hopefully I can write something deep. It's hard when I'm not a scientific person. I'm more of an emotional person, which doesn't help when it comes to apologetics. Feel free to check back soon for a comment response!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.