Friday, April 9, 2010

"A little drop" by Martine Lee

Verse 1:

I realized that life was not a parish
That love and hate were always intertwined
Justice never ends the way you want it
But hope is a flower that grows out of the land...

Chorus:
And I want to be a shower of blessing
I want to be an instrument of peace
And even though I'm only a little drop in this ocean of time
There is nothing like a little heart that shines

Verse 2:

Happy days don't always last forever
The best of friends may leave you far behind
Appreciate the days you see the rainbows
And heaven only knows when we will meet again...

Chorus 2:
And I want to soar on the wings of an eagle
Fly on the breath of the wind
And even though I'm only a little drop in this ocean of time
There is something that can matter in this little life of mine...

Bridge:

A vapour in the wind
The sand on the shore
A whisper in the ear
The knock at the door
There's no telling, if this could possibly change your soul...

Chorus 3:
And you can be a shower of blessing
You can be an instrument of peace
And even though you're only a little drop in this ocean of time
There is nothing like a little heart that shines

There's nothing like a little heart that shines

No, there's nothing, like a little heart that... shines...


------------

I wrote this after our SCSU Board Meeting. I imagined my friend Zahra singing it. :) "Sound of Music" Style.

-----------

I used to be part of a play that never happened. I don't remember what it was called. It was all the way in grade 10 Drama class, and it was in French. Basically it was a play with teen actors/actresses, and it was made for a teen audience. Due to my teacher's daughter's ski accident, we practiced the play without her but when she was back it was too late to put on the show.

But I still learned from being in that class and preparing for the play. It was a very poignant play about things that teens face. There were funny scenes, sad scenes, quirky scenes, and interesting scenes. There were monologues, dialogues, and mini-skits. I remember one scene there was a bunch of students fooling around in class (that was funny). There was another scene of a girl who had an abortion (it was very haunting and sad, Renee did a good job with acting). There was another scene with a guy not sure how to ask a girl out. And another girl who had trouble with what to wear.

Now this part stuck with me the most: There was a line that said-- "We all have different problems. Some may seem bigger than others, but to each person the problem means a lot and may hurt just as much. And we need to accept that."

Because of the things I'm going through this semester, I can try to make myself feel better off by comparing myself to people who are worse off (poorer, less privileged, whatnot), but all that does is make me guilty for being sad about my own problems. That's when I feel encouraged by the quote above. Because the things I go through do hurt a lot.

I just went through a report process with the police. And it's not over yet. I don't know, should I press charges? Or a restraining order? It sure does trouble me... I wish I could forget about it.

And my period problem. Yah. It came back. So I was finally "allowed" to take birth control pills, which I should have taken about a week ago to heal myself. It hurt to see the blood today. I know, I'm talking about gross stuff, but it's life. You know, I could get ovarian cancer if I don't take care of my health properly. Thank God for birth control pills in that respect.

There's a lot to be happy about though. I mean, I had a good Board meeting today, laughed instead of cried, got an idea of what job I will take this summer (maybe at church), and also I composed a song (above). And my friend's birthday party is this Sunday.

But there is still a lot of suffering in this world (not just in my life, but many people's lives close to me and in my community) that I need to pray for and think about. I feel sad sometimes that we can't just have a nice happy world...

SIGH. Well, at least there is something called hope, and a little drop of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.