Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I wonder how many people in Canada would actually list out things to be thankful for on Thanksgiving or would they just think about the turkey? Cuz then it might as well be called Turkey Day or Turkeygiving instead. :P
Well, here is my thanks list...
I really thank God that He brought Adrian in my life. I've never been so much happier in my life or in any relationship whatsoever. His easygoing and caring attitude really gives me a great time. I'm glad that he's coming to church and I'm SO proud of him for trying to read the Bible and praying, and sincerely doing it too, not just cuz of me. And he donated to charity today... the best gift I can ever get... (I am very happy when other people donate to charity instead of giving me a gift).
I thank God that my family is doing well, that tomorrow I can see my grandparents.
Thank God that Varsity Christian Fellowship (VCF at UTSC) has like 8 leaders now! And I am not one of them! Being the former President who was trying to do things all on my own during the summer, losing club status and all, I am SO thankful for this outburst of workers for the harvest field. God really answered prayers.
Thank God that I am enjoying SCSU (Scarborough Campus Students' Union) life! I have great friends (Maryann aka Mary, Imran, Sara, the list goes on...) on the Board of directors, and I feel like I'm getting a lot of experience, especially cuz I got the position of Vice-Chair of Clubs Funding working alongside my best friend on the Board, Mary.
Thank God that I have more helpers doing Urbana stuff for me now! Instead of me handling it all on my own! Thank God for Imelda, Daniella, Edwin, Katie, Pierce, Pastor Tim, and Albert K.
Thank God that I didn't lose my English essay!!!!
Thank God that Bend it like Beckham is on course reserves at the UTSC library, so I don't need to worry about spending money to get it for my project!!!
I have food, shelter, water, a computer (although it doesn't work perfectly)... a lot of things that poor kids don't have.
Thank God little Jeffrey is improving in his behaviour. Thank God Nathan isn't going to be burnt out anymore with the new schedule (I really hope!).
I'm thankful that I realized my gift of hospitality, my gift of encouragement, and my gift of teaching... I hope I can be a good counselor too. I hope I can use these gifts to bless others...
Thank God that I got a scholarship this term! And also I got free money from the government!!!! (OSAP and Textbook grant) YAYAYA
I have lots of friends, although all of them are not close to me, but they are still a blessing to have. I have Juan, my counselor, and many ppl who care about me.
Most of all, I have my Saviour and Redeemer Jesus. To Him I will give all my thanks.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thank God to have met you, Martine. :) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete