Title: A University Student's Rant
I was going to write a poem about this, but I decided to rant.
Honestly, life as a student, sometimes you just feel like you can't
handle the stresses, the amount of work,
the deadlines coming up, the ones that lurk
Right around the corner, trying to grab you,
grab you when you're not watching, too!
Honestly, life as a student, it is no joke!
You don't just sit around drinking beer or coke,
you actually need to balance friends, a job,
family--I just feel like a corn on a cob,
being bitten at from all angles and
like on a beach, the hot summer sand
I feel scorched, when I try my best to be the best
and people's criticisms are putting me to the test
and on top of that, I'm getting fat
cuz in front of the computer all day I sat
finishing essays and papers
not to mention being careful of rapers...
Oh, I wrote that wrong, but don't get pissed
just blame it on Paul Bernardo, that RAPIST...
He went to UTSC, oh yes he did,
so you can see how much I kid you not
when I say university students go through a lot
cuz Bernardo's in jail, lying on a cot.
Although I am ranting, I am really just trying
to figure out what poetry is, I'm not lying...
I have a poetry essay due next week
perhaps it would make you go "eek"
BUT in reality, students like me
should think about the bright side--
the sun may seem to hide
behind those clouds of gray I know
But one day, these four years will show
A beautiful life, a full life
although I may get strife
I say this with pride:
I've been on a rough ride
but it was fun!
And I better stop here
cuz I should be done
(gasp for breath)
ranting or maybe I'm just
running out of rhyme...
P.S. the last thing I won't fail to say is kind of trivial
UTSC got filmed last week as a jail for Resident Evil!
HAVE AN AWESOME YEAR!!!!!
DON'T FORGET TO TAKE SOME TIME TO LAUGH!!!!!
OH AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU! I AM SO THANKFUL FOR FRIENDS LIKE YOU!!!!!!!
Love from your sis Martine
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.