Monday, October 26, 2009

My Sharing

Tonight I shared to the PSYB32 class about my anxiety disorder. It was the first time sharing in front of hundreds of people about my mental disorder, so it was definitely a new experience. My hands were shaking, but in general since I practiced my speech it went really well. It was very encouraging as well after the talk, there were so many people who came up to me and thanked me for the presentation, and told me that I was very brave. I felt really happy. I didn't expect so many people to come up to me later, I guess I only expected them to ask questions.

The professor and the other guest speaker, a Gestalt therapist, were also very kind and patient with me. The prof said, "I honestly believe that you saved somebody's life tonight." I felt really happy.

God, I thank You. I guess 3 years ago I couldn't really understand why this mental illness had to happen to me, but You showed me the reason tonight. I pray that other people who may have psychological trauma will seek help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.