Age difference didn't stop us from being friends,
what connected us was the blood of Christ,
and a random series of events that led us
both to Grace Gospel Church.
You were lonely, in need of company
It was unfortunate that you lived so far
and farther still from public transportation
but I'm thankful that I was able to visit you
Even though it was just that one time.
Seeing you at church made me smile,
but as your health grew worse,
you came less and less,
and I wondered if you were going to be OK
Now you're gone, and my promise was left unfulfilled
I told you I would visit you again
Unfortunately that never happened
I wonder if you thought we forgot about you
I know you're safe in God's arms now
in a place where there is no more pain
I know one day I will see you again
and this time you would be healthy
God knows what you went through
and He knew you needed His company
And for the rest of us, we learned a lesson
to never again think we are too busy to care
or too busy to show love
Time is precious, you don't know when is your last day
You don't know if that is the last time you will see that person
Treasure each moment and don't ever take each other for granted
Love much, and laugh much
I'll always remember you.
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.