Sunday, August 25, 2013

Another new beginning

Today was the appreciation and farewell party for Lindsay, who was the Youth Worker at Charis Evangelical Free Church for the past year.  He is an amazing guy, honestly I really admire his heart for God and I can see the fruit of his teaching in the youth's hearts.  Starting next Sunday I officially start as the Youth Pastoral Intern at this church and Lindsay will be taking a break.  I am very happy to have found this church where I can serve and the hearts of the youth are so open to learn and they are all pretty easy to get along with.

At Charis I will be in charge of the youth fellowship, preaching, and Sunday school.  That is actually a lot to take care of but I will pray for God's guidance and I already found some possible good curriculum that I can use.  I'm excited to teach teens because I've been teaching children for 10 years and I really wanted to move on to impacting youth for Christ.

Another new beginning coming up is me moving out next weekend.  Yes, I have to pay my own rent and cook for myself.  I have to learn to live on my own.  Thank God that many people have donated materials to me so I don't need to buy too much new stuff for my new place.  I just hope that I don't offend my landlady in any way and that I will budget wisely.  I know my mom will probably call me every day because she will still be overprotective... I mean today I was at church for dinner and she thought since I didn't answer my phone that I fainted on the street.  Sheesh!

Also Gloria and I are starting the Sounds of Hope music and poetry club at Chester Le in Sept.  Yes, I will be crazy busy because we are going to run Sounds of Hope twice a week, once for kids and once for teens.  Hopefully we get more help so that I won't need to organize so much.  I'll have to work really hard this upcoming term in order to finish all my school assignments and all that.

Anyways overall I am excited... just pray that I don't burn out but instead spend lots of time in prayer and the Word to replenish energy and be joyful all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.