Dear friends,
I went through a dark time earlier this week, but thank God Tues. night I talked to Ada and Jen, and slept, and the next day (wed) I felt pretty much back to normal. I also decided to quit the Tyndale student council, because I felt it wasn't right for me to do "God's work" but not have enough time to spend with God. (ironic!)
So instead of going to the Tyndale student council meeting today, I submitted my resignation and instead went to the gym, submitted my osap documents, and went to the Lovesick conference.
The Lovesick conference was deeply meaningful. The conference had a goal of bringing people back to being in love with Jesus, spending quality time with Him instead of being busily distracted by life's craziness. We sang a lot, prayed, and listened to a message. You have to be there to know what I'm talking about. During the singing and musical worship, I felt as if I was getting a glimpse of heavenly sounds, I closed my eyes and saw Jesus there, holding my hand at the altar and inviting me to be his bride. I felt very close to Jesus again, and I was joyful. I swayed to the music, as if I was dancing with him. You may think I'm crazy but it was a wonderful experience.
I asked Jesus to help me love him more and not get distracted by guys anymore. I told him I wanted to commit myself totally to him and really live out what my purity ring and Jesus engagement ring really mean. I told him I needed his help to stay focused on him and to be a single woman after God's own heart.
Tonight's message was about how loving God isn't about a feeling, it's about obeying his commands. You can't say you love God truly if you don't obey, for example if you have not forgiven someone but you do a lot of church work, you aren't really loving God on His terms, because you are just doing work, you didn't even follow the command of forgiving someone.
Tomorrow I plan to go again to the evening session. The topic is supposed to be "Spiritual violence" so we'll see what they have to say, should be interesting. I'll let you guys know what I learn. :)
Thanks to those who prayed for me and thought of me. It really helps. :) Take care everyone and God bless you :)
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.