Monday, February 18, 2013

God, be the centre of our lives...

O Christ, be the centre of our lives
Be the place we fix our eyes
Be the centre of our lives

We lift our eyes to heaven
We wrap our lives around your life
We lift our eyes to heaven
to You...
-----------------
Dear Jesus,

It is because of You that I live.  It is because of You that I met Gloria.  And through Gloria I found Christos, so ultimately it is because of You that I found him.  It is because of You that he somehow got the same day off during the week so that he could come to lifegroup, so that I could get to know him.  So it's because of You that we are together.

It wouldn't be fair, now, if after me and Christos entered into a relationship, that we would shut You my dear Jesus, out of the picture.  I know my boo don't feel comfortable praying out loud with me, and he has a different theology than mine.  But Jesus I pray that somehow You will be the centre of our relationship so that it will be a long lasting one.

Jesus, You are my first love.  You should be the glue that holds me and Christos together.  I pray that as me and Christos gaze into each others' eyes, we will see You inside of the other person and help each other grow.  I want to become more Christ-like as a result of this, I don't want it to become another sexual relationship.

Jesus, teach me how to love You first and love Christos second.  Help me to be submissive to You and Your Word.  Because I know that if I do that, I will be most happy.

Thanks for listening and giving me such a big blessing in my life.

In Your name, Amen

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Martine, when you pray that prayer of putting God first and making Jesus your first love, I know that He is pleased with you! I'm so encouraged by your honesty and sincerity in your faith. I'm also challenged to put Jesus first in my life regardless of what happens. It's a challenge but I know when we do so, He will not let us down and we will be blessed beyond our imagination!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.