Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sorry, have to talk about Andrew again.

My sister gave me a "tip" for talking to Andrew. She said that it would be good if we took a walk somewhere to talk, instead of sitting down to talk, because it would feel more natural, less awkward in times of silence, and also you are walking so you are exercising so it makes your heart pump which can be mistaken for heart pumping due to love (it's a psychology thing).

So this led me to ask Andrew if he wanted to take a walk somewhere to talk, like a park or something. He hasn't replied since Friday and I'm wondering if I scared him away with this proposition.

I'm starting to think about whether I'm rushing things, like maybe I really should have waited until December or even later. I don't know. Maybe I really should have gotten to know him even better before deciding to tell him. I don't know.

I have a whole list of things that I want in a future husband. And to be honest, I'm starting to have doubts about whether Andrew fits those criteria. Because I never really did get to ask him whether he liked to travel (well he does like to travel to Toronto a lot) or whether he would want kids, or whether he enjoys missions (actually I think he does, otherwise he wouldn't be evangelism coordinator at his church), stuff like that. Stuff that I wouldn't be able to know anyway since I talk to him so little.

But then again, part of me likes Andrew a lot and wouldn't mind if he didn't like to travel or whatever, because from what I DO know about him, I know he's a great person, and I know I would still be good with him. :) At least, that's what I think. We both have a heart for God, we both like to speak French, we both like to serve God, play guitar, sing, hang out... and he's patient, understanding, kind, a gentleman, hardworking, and accepting. That's what matters to me.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the traits you like about him are great, but at the same time, a bit vague - meaning another Christian guy could possibly have them as well. I don't think it could hurt to get to know him better before telling him, but definitely don't take my word for it but instead pray about it.
    Hope you are well, dear.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.