(posted on facebook)
The only good thing about good Friday is that God showed us today roughly 2000 years ago that He loved us by abandoning his only son Jesus on the cross. It was so that Jesus could save us from our sins that were destroying us. Jesus is my Lord, my friend, my Savior, my God. He is love and my reason to live. May God bless you with His love.
Jesus died Good Friday but rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. He did it to give us new life
seriously, \\
Satan is trying to annoy everybody today and every day leading up to this week
Jesus is all about relationships. I mean, I cried on the subway, but thank God two stranger ladies comforted me. I got triggered during the sermon, realizing that my sister and I used to have a better relationship when we were kids. I also had someone tell me they had problems with their family, and plus my grandpa fell down and cut himself on something at the seniors' home. Satan was trying to annoy people but God was more powerful than that.
Same thing with the cross. The cross was a shameful way to die. Satan thought he was going to win, but Jesus decided to win over everything by raising himself from the dead on Sunday morning.
Christos said: also whats good is that every good friday since then many families through the ages have made great memories and used it as a excuse to participate in family
After all, Christianity is not a religion of rules and only about obedience. It is most about relationships. Relationships between us and God , and relationships between us and other souls.
God wants a relationship with you. He wants to fill your needs and desires in a way that no human being ever can. God wants to help you in every way. Will you let Him? Will you put down your own thoughts and knowledge and ask God you want to KNOW HIM? Because He LOVES you. He created you for God's sake and He wants to restore and heal your wounds.
I realized why I want a tattoo. Its a way of trying to heal myself. It's a way of trying to remind myself of God's love. When I look at the cross and in Jesus' lovely face, I don't even feel the need to get a tattoo anymore. Not just because the church board wants me to hide my tattoos and thinks tattoos are sinful. But because the cross saved me. Jesus saved me. I am healed in Jesus' name.
Friday, April 18, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.