Wednesday, April 16, 2014

8th anniversary of my bipolar

(posted on my facebook)

Today marks the 8th anniversary of me staying at the hospital for my bipolar disorder. To be honest, it was really around this date. I remember it was before my birthday (April 22nd), and one of my last days at the hospital, was on Easter Sunday.

Just as Jesus rose from the dead and became alive again on Easter Sunday, when I was in the hospital in 2006, God finally gave me a good night and day's rest on Easter Sunday that year, in the hospital. Because all the nights before Easter Sunday while my bipolar disorder was happening, I was in a manic state and was too anxious to sleep for days and even weeks on end.

Right now, as Easter Sunday is approaching, I know I will never be healed from bipolar disorder until I get to heaven, but because He (Jesus) lives, I can live too. Bipolar disorder is my gift of a handicap. I became more compassionate and learned much more about myself and life because of this handicap gift.

And for the 8th anniversary of my bipolar disorder starting, just as 8 is a lucky number in the chinese tradition, I am lucky to be alive and doing much better than before. I am starting to heal, after realizing what happened with my past trauma and hurts. I wish all of you a great healing process too, as everyone is hurt by something in life...

And for the first time in my life, I am going to become a motivational speaker at Stephen Leacock C.I. (high school) to a bunch of girls in the girls after school program, promoting mental health awareness. I wasn't ready before but now I am, it's a dream come true. ON MY BIRTHDAY (april 22nd), the day I thought would never come when I was still at the hospital in 2006, waiting to get out... eventually I got out a few days before my birthday and was home with friends and family. It's as if my birthday wish when i blew out the candle back in 2006 is coming true NEXT TUES on my BIRTHDAY.

Thanks for reading my sharing. May God bless everyone this Easter... there are way too many coincidences for there NOT to be a God.

  • Martine Lee by the way, I am NOT going to stop taking my meds. I am not crazy anymore like that.
  • Martine Lee final by the way... PEOPLE LIKE US by Kelly Clarkson is about people with mental illnesses. watch the video... only people like us will get it... it's about a girl in a mental health facility, being diagnosed this and that, and the psychiatrist (kelly clarkson) finally understands her problems. She just needed to be with her family.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.