There is a song on my debut CD called "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miserables. I watched the movie twice and Anne Hathaway does an amazing job at making the song super depressing. So I decided to put up Christina Grimmie's version (mainly because she is cheerful but also she sings well) so that you guys don't start crying rivers.
My debut CD album has mostly inspiring songs but "I dreamed a dream" was the only depressing one. However in the CD jacket, with the limited space I had, I wanted to convey that God IS forgiving, and He does give us hope. Even though the people in the movie Les Mis lived very sad lives, what I got from the film was that God still connected all the people in the movie somehow, through these difficulties. If you read the book you will know what I mean, because there is a lot that the book tells that the movie doesn't show.
The story is very complicated but if you don't plan on reading the book you can read the Sparknotes http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/lesmis/summary.html
And you will see what I mean by God connecting everyone together. :) I know it's a work of fiction but I do believe God uses "coincidences" to connect people together in real life too. HAHA just like how I met Selena my UTSC library buddy! HAHA!
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.