Tuesday, November 9, 2010

“Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart” (Psalm 37:4)

I am struggling with what this verse really means to me... My desire is to serve God and impact people (make a difference in their lives)... So I guess if I delight myself in God's Word and God's presence I will end up doing just that...

At the same time, desires are more than just life purposes, if you happen to define it that way. For example, I might desire a certain guy to be my future soul mate or whatever. Does that mean God would let me be with that guy if I delight myself in Him?

I was thinking about what would happen if Sam and I got married. I think either he would be sad or I would be sad. Or we would both have a harder time than if we were apart. Why? Because I think if he went to Quebec with me to follow my dream, he would feel very out of place because he sucks at French. And if I were to stay in Toronto (if that is still his dream) to serve CBCs, I would be sad because I wasted my French. Also, even if for some reason we both end up in Quebec and we like it there, it will still be very very harsh because I am so bipolar and he would feel obligated to take care of me nonstop... and he is a very emotional person too so I would be like a burden. Well, these are just my hypotheses.

In addition, our parents might not be very harmonious together so being apart instead of married can alleviate stress for us. Like my previous post says, those who have the gift of singleness as opposed to the gift of marriage are people who would serve God better while single. I think that might possibly be the case for me, cuz I probably wouldn't be able to handle it if we were married, I'd always want to please Sam and get distracted from pleasing God. Well, that's what I'm thinking right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.