I haven't updated in a while because school started and things are very busy. There is a LOT of reading, more than last year, and also a lot of ministry stuff to take care of but I'm enjoying it. Being a youth pastor is an exciting challenge, sometimes feel like there is not enough time to do everything I would like to do for the youth.
I might get a "second job". In fact it might not really be another job, just that I get paid for the volunteer work that I already do. I proposed to Grace Gospel Church that maybe I could get paid for serving with outreach because I have been turning down tutoring jobs to focus on it. I proposed 5 hours a week of pay but soon after they were also considering paying me for teaching youth on Sunday mornings, which wouldn't be too much of a burden because I would be teaching them the same thing that I would teach the Charis church youth in the afternoon.
This happened after I prayed that God would provide for my finances. I totally believe in God's promises to provide for His children.
I'm excited for the Charis youth because I have a lot of ideas on how to train them up well and also have a lot of fun. We already discussed the topic last week "Why would God allow suffering?" and they had a lot of additional questions. This upcoming Friday we are discussing "sex and dating".
For Christmas I want them to get involved making care packages for refugees. In Feb. I want to bring them to a Christian Bible snow camp. I think it will be really fun, hopefully it works out.
Gotta run soon, class tonight!
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.