Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Awesome rainy day

Today I went to the gym in the morning, cut my thumb on my umbrella, but other than that I had a great workout.  Forgot my music but still worked out really well.

Then after lunch I went to Tyndale to study.  I can concentrate a lot better at school, even though I still check facebook way more than I should.  I did a lot of reading today though!

A prayer that I have recently is that I would be more diligent.  That I would pick up after myself more, study more, be more responsible, do my very best in everything, and all in all, work smarter.

I plan to go to a girls conference next week Sat Sept 29th.  If anyone wants to come with me, provided that you are a girl, then let me know! It's at a church in scarborough.  I'm really looking forward to it, topics are confidence, self esteem, sexuality and how to be a woman of God.

I realized I'm pretty broke.  But God has been speaking to me lately.  Just yesterday, I randomly bumped into Karl, he saw me at the bus stop and decided to park his car and come out and say hi.  He asked me where I was going and I said Tyndale.  Then I told him he should go back to his car because he left his keys in there and someone could come and steal the car away.

Then the guy behind me said, you go to Tyndale? Why aren't you using the Student Metropass?  I said, I can't, I'm not a student... well according to TTC their list says Tyndale is not a school.  He said, Yes it is, I go to Tyndale. And he showed me his TTC metropass with the student ID.  MAN! That saves me some dollars if I can get a student metropass!  God is good!

Cuz if I wasn't a bit late, Karl wouldn't have seen me, and if Karl didn't ask me whether I was going somewhere, the guy behind me wouldn't have known I went to Tyndale, and yeah, man, that was an answer to prayer!

Also last Sat. night I was crying for various reasons including the fact that we don't have enough volunteers for children's ministry.  Then the next day on Sunday Iris said she could volunteer.  WHAT A BLESSING! God really listens, He just wants you to have faith and wait first!

God also spoke to me about finances in the Bible.  I was reading proverbs because proverbs is Tommy's favourite book of the Bible, or one of his favourites anyway... and there were a lot of verses on giving money to the poor.  At first due to my financial situation I was considering stopping my sponsorship to IJM (International Justice Ministries) which frees girls from prostitution among other works of justice.  But God spoke to me saying that I should continue to support them, because the Bible says, Those who give to the poor lend to the Lord.  The money will somehow be given back to you if you give to the poor.

So I went to financial aid at Tyndale and discovered that I could get 200 dollars free because of the church match financial aid program.  And there is also this other program where you can get money for free as long as you pass your courses. So I'm applying to that.  In addition, I found out Tyndale has an Urbana scholarship so I applied to that today as well.  Praise God for free money!

I pray that God continues to speak to me as well as all my friends.  Lifegroup is starting tomorrow and one of me and Sanche's prayer requests for the lifegroup is that we would all grow spiritually.  So yeah I am expecting that!  God will answer!!!!

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.