I cried because I was passionate about what I believed in.
I cried because I cared most about the people who deserved to know the truth.
I cried because I believed no one could change me unless I let them.
I cried because sheep were without a shepherd, and they were blindly led by someone whom God also cares about.
I cried because I am a friend to someone who isn't a friend back.
I cried because I wanted to let it all out.
It's who I am. I am a sensitive person. But if crying makes a person weak, then you are calling Jesus a weakling. You are calling Mother Teresa a weakling. That is not true.
Crying just shows you really cared about something, and you felt hurt that you couldn't achieve it or someone prevented you from achieving it. Or it may show how conflicted you are inside, how you care for someone as a friend but you also need to do your job. How you feel like you let people down or that righteousness is being trampled on.
You know what? Doing the wrong thing is easy. True heroes do not use loopholes or lies to try to accomplish goals. Because the harder thing is to be good. And because it is harder, and because it is overall better for the human race to be good, we should all make an effort. In the end, you are a soul, and I am one too. We share this earth, why not do the right thing for the greater good?
Troubles may make you either a better or worse person. You choose. The hardest thing for a leader is to accept failure. I had to accept it yesterday. But it's not about reputation or about popularity. It's about doing the right thing, and the best leader will even stop being a leader just to accomplish that.
Zuhair, I still care about you, and no matter what you think, I'll always be your friend. I am just trying to do the right thing. I separate friendship and professionalism, and you know that because I chatted with you at Tim Hortons and said that I would pray for your well-being. And I did pray and will continue to pray for you. You can still make a big difference, just have to seek the right path to do it.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.