It's late and I have to teach the kids at church tomorrow, so I will try to keep this a lot shorter. Friday night was the most awesome Board of Directors meeting we have ever had. First of all, we had students involved (a bunch of first years) and we were in the nice big airy room in AA 160. Next, some of the directors (including me) dressed up to look more professional and I felt really pretty!!! (Jenny I wore the dress you convinced me to buy at Niagara Falls!)
Somehow the atmosphere was a lot more positive because I guess we all socialized before the Board Meeting in the SCSU office, just chatting, listening to music, what not... and also we all signed Maryann Raby (my wonderful director friend)'s bday card and planned to surprise her with a spa package :-) I'm so glad we did this for her cuz she does a LOT for the SCSU.
Next, I found out Maryann needed a Vice-Chair for Clubs Funding Subcommittee so I ran for it along with Muneeba. Although I myself voted for Muneeba cuz I wanted others to make the decision whether to vote for me or Muneeba (I usually do that... vote for someone else when I want myself to win, so that in the end I know I didn't sway the vote, it was really a majority of other people's decisions)... I GOT IT! I am a Vice-Chair now of Clubs funding and I am excited to help out and gain more experience.
Happy happy!!! And also at the very end there was a motion and it was passed, so I am glad that people were respectful about it and there was no arguing, just discussing. Now I am just praying that the truth (whatever it is) will be revealed and justice be done.
Other highlights were finding out that Resident Evil is filming the U of T Scarborough Meeting Place as a jail for their upcoming movie (HAHAHAHA), and also Kyle being my new friend (at first I didn't really get to know him that well). Murali also did some great work with trying to get an AccessAbility award set up, and more awareness of accessibility in clubs.
Everyone did a great job and I even got to catch a glimpse of Nadia... and I told her "welcome back". On the ride home, instead of complaining in Sara's dad's car, we were rejoicing and celebrating, it felt so great. :-)
Anyway, time to go to sleep before I burn myself out tomorrow! God bless, and remember, wherever God calls you, follow it and don't give up, cuz God called me into SCSU, and after not giving up, now I finally get to see the most awesome Board Meeting and feel like I know what I am doing and am making a difference!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.