Yesterday I went to see Juan my counsellor again, and she gave me a little questionnaire to fill out to see if I was under high stress. I had so many symptoms of stress, including tense muscles, irritability, hyperactivity, mood swings, among other not so pleasant things. At the end I added up my symptoms and got at least 15, indicating high stress. I really wanna join a dance class again so that I could feel better and exercise more doing something I love, but right now it's about the timing and when is the best time to do it...
I guess so far the Latin Dance at UTSC seems like a good option, or else I would join a dance studio for maybe a Sunday or Saturday afternoon class, which would also be fun and more professional-like.
I also thought of doing Tae Kwon Do or Jiu Jitsu, just something to help my parents get off my back about walking around at night downtown, or at least just so that I could feel stronger... These days I'm such a weakling both spiritually and physically.... well, emotionally, too.
Thank God that I finally found a way to deal with temptations... really there is no better way than to drench myself in the Word of God and prayer and meditation. In the morning my goal is to read part of the New Testament, and the evenings I read from this awesome devo book called Thirsty. Adrian has been a good help too...
Alice met up with both of us yesterday and we had some good chats and prayer time. She is a really good mentor, even though she likes it when I call her a friend instead.
So many things get me stressed so easily, like the 1400 dollar charge on my credit card that I don't remember using, the lost 70 dollars because I forgot to hand my drug receipts in, little things like having to go get my damn medicine and figuring out when to do this or that. If only life was easier... but it is NOT.
My mood swings are getting worse and worse. I don't know, I just get so mad sometimes and sometimes so depressed, and sometimes I am SO happy and so excited. It's not as bad as bipolar disorder but it is still bad.
I still haven't done anything for Urbana over the past MONTH and I know I am so behind... There is a lot to do but right now I am too preoccupied with Alpha and trying to get VCF back together. Maybe next week I will work on Urbana.... AH!!!
At least now more leaders are helping with VCF and Alpha, just a huge load off my back, thank GOD! I can enjoy things better now, and I enjoy my 3 jobs too. Especially cuz I got a raise!
Hopefully I won't spend more money than I earn. I suck at budgeting. I still have to get OSAP too, that pointless thing that is supposed to help you throughout university but ends up just making you more poor in the end.
I look forward to this year. It may be stressful but it can be fun and rewarding too. :-) May your school year be swell (as Karl would say) ! Have fun and don't think too hard... look at the bigger picture and you will realize that things aren't as bad as they seem most of the time. God always leads you and always will be there for you!!!!
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.