Monday, September 21, 2009

Alpha Program

WOW! First day of Alpha, a lot was very new and plans had to change at the last minute, but basically we had it at Rex's Den (the new Bluff's) area and there were at least 80 people who came out to enjoy pizza dinner, watch a video, and chat :-) Some people had really good feedback about the video, and thank God that although we didn't foresee a sound system problem, Fusion Radio was available to help at the last minute, and thank God that this worked out!

Honestly, we were so freaked out at first about the sound system, but right after me and 2 other girls prayed, the Fusion Radio people came down with their soundboard and helped! So God works pretty fast! My sister and my sister's friends came too, and Adrian was there and we chatted afterwards...

Alpha is a really great program if you haven't heard of it! Next Monday we will probably be in MW170 (Management building room) and again there will be free dinner (not pizza this time, something awesomely different), a short video again and discussions in small groups. If you wanna join, just either let me know, or go to alphatoronto.ca, or facebook "Alpha at UTSC".

Everyone is welcome and we discuss a different spiritual topic every week... at University of Toronto Scarborough :-)

I've been running around all day and so it's great to just sit here and blog. I met a lot of new people today so hopefully I will remember faces and names, unfortunately I have such a terrible memory...! Everyone who was helping with Alpha really did a great job so it's great to have such a team.

---
I finally know what it means to have a soul mate... When Adrian is down, I'm down, and when he's happy, I'm happy... it's like we share a piece of soul together, or at least our souls are so interconnected that we start to feel each other's emotions. These days things have been a bit rough for us, but God is faithful and yesterday we felt God speaking to us through the message, it was as if God was speaking directly through us. I mean, Pastor Tim was the speaker, and he didn't know about our situation, but he talked about things that were specifically related to our situation.

---
Rixin signed up for Tae Kwon Do and thus he convinced me to join. Ah! How am I going to survive it? I don't care if people say I'm the laziest person in class... I am not going to push myself so hard that I cannot dance anymore haha, cuz this means I will be taking 2 dance classes and one Tae Kwon Do class from the gym... as well as my 3 regular courses (Bible and Literature, Modern Poetry, and Cross-Cultural Psychology) and extra-curricular stuff (Alpha, VCF, and SCSU).... oh and work :-)

Adrian says I shouldn't stress myself, and I know, I honestly think I will be just fine. I can always skip one event or another just so that i could catch up on my own work and tasks. Aiyaa! Like Pastor Tim said, I need to stop adding more work to myself! haha

Pressing things I haven't got to:
-VCF this Wednesday! Find the club sign up list and order food!
-URBANA hotel and bus bookings
-call Nicky
-call this girl who wants to come to church!
-sign up for Tae Kwon Do :P
-get my book money refunded! And my sisters'!
-prep another children's sermon
-call Alpha ppl about training video

Alright! My goal is to do this all on time! hehe no pressure, just reminding myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.