Sunday, January 19, 2014

Things are getting better

Dear blog readers, my dear friends,

Sorry that I have not updated this blog for so long.  I was trying to focus on taking care of myself.  A lot has happened even just 20 days into the new 2014 year.  Let me update you...

Julio's dad passed away and yesterday afternoon was the memorial.  It was a good time of rememberance for Julio.  It reminded me once again that we should treasure our friends and family and tell them that we love them, leave no words unsaid because you may not have a chance in the future.  This time around, death didn't haunt me like it did when Bryan, Ade, Mr. Kumar, and Alana passed away.  This time I was stronger and comforted Julio.  I have learned to look at the positive and not let the anxiousness over death get to me.

Another thing that happened was that I got better mentally.  I went to the gym twice a week, still not 3 times like my resolution but at least it's something, some progress.  Mentally I am better now after talking to Chris more and trying to work out our random issues.

Yesterday night was fun, I went out with Chris and some friends of his, to bid him farewell to New York.  I had dinner at a fancy restaurant and the food was good.  Then we went to a bar and danced :)  I felt so close to Chris when we danced.  I was so happy and hyper when I got home I didn't even sleep until 6am!  I was late for church the next day (today) yikes!  Thank God they were understanding!

Lately I have been lazier and more disorganized.  I hang out with people but I put off my work.  It's starting to affect other people.  Unfortunately.  But hopefully this upcoming week is better.

Taking care of myself is hard work already.  Trying to take care of others is extra and I feel like lately I needed to focus on myself so that I could be happy instead of stressed.  But I don't want to be selfish either.  Tough balance.

I am not sure how to end this blog post.  I really should sleep because otherwise I will sleep in class again tomorrow morning like last time.  But I can't bring myself to sleep yet, my schedule is totally messed up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.