Thursday, May 30, 2013

Strength to rise up again

God, though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Psalm 71:20-21
-------------------

Last Monday night Josh B called me up really late in the night and to make a long story short, so many things have happened in his life that he wanted to kill himself at that moment when he called me.  I didn't know what else to do but to call 911 because he sounded so convinced and I felt like I couldn't convince him to keep fighting and live on.

But thank God, Josh felt better after he went to the hospital and after me and Agnes met up with him.  Today when I accompanied him to the psychiatrist he seemed to have become more positive.  And I think everything happens for a reason... and him seeing the psychiatrist was good for him because we got good news.  He doesn't have clinical depression but the psychiatrist suggested remedies for his constant headaches which lead to his depression.  (He got these headaches ever since our car accident last Dec.)

And the psychiatrist had experience with people in car accidents so he told us that usually these headaches will go away with time.  That was good to hear.

It's always important to have something to look forward to in life.  It's important to think of all the friends and family who love you, and have a reason for living.  Last Sunday I preached at Charis Evangelical Free Church, to the youth, and my message was "You only live once, so live for God".  I truly believe that when we focus on something beyond ourselves and beyond this earth, that's when we actually have a reason to live.

If we only focused on things of this earth, like my friend Bryan who committed suicide, then there is no real reason to live, because eventually all of us will die and we can't take things of this earth with us if there is no afterlife.  But if we focus on eternity and what will matter in the long run, then we have hope in God that what we do now on earth can matter and can last.

Now, Josh tells me that he has faith that he can succeed and not let the setbacks get him down.  I feel happy for him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.