Saturday, October 6, 2012

Reconsidering.

Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

Isaiah 26:4
--------------------------------------------------------

 I guess yesterday afternoon was a bad time but today I prayed about it and decided I will stay as long as I can with the Grace church kids, to continue building a relationship and learn how to be a children's pastor.  I might not end up becoming a children's pastor in the future, and actually I don't WANT to become a children's pastor, but since children are the hardest congregation and the most vulnerable, it is best that I get my training in children's ministry so that when I deal with youth or adults it will be somewhat easier... or maybe I'm gullible, maybe adults and youth are just as bad...

Today I visited Arabic church and other than some crazy kids everything was great.  I really enjoyed talking with the youth again and I wish sometimes I could still be there for them every week.  But God had a plan when He took me out of Arabic Church ministry, because Pastor Lee had piled up extra work for me at Grace Church right after I left Arabic church, so I would have been burnt out if I had stayed at both churches at once.

I got to talk to Tommy again a little bit today.  The kids at Arabic Church today spoke French too it was amazing.  And I was surprised that this time I was not shy to speak to them in French.  I think my French improved!  Thank God! (and Thanks Tommy!)

I was encouraged by a lot of facebook posts lately.  Especially Janice Le's posts are awesome.  They encourage me to keep pressing on in the hard times and seek God in the storms.  God is good, we just have to keep trusting in Him and believe that He will carry us through and make us stronger people.

This term Grace church is only giving me 300 dollars for the financial encouragement.  I am still grateful but at the same time I didn't expect it cuz last term they gave me 1600 dollars.  This means I probably made the right decision to take up two extra jobs to earn money.  I will work extra hard to finish all my schoolwork and do the best I can.  No more sleeping in like a bum!

-----------------------------
ENCOURAGING STUFF FROM FACEBOOK

When things are going well in your life, I want you to enjoy those good times fully-without worrying about what is on the road ahead. When you are facing tough times, I will help you with My Love. Even though you live in a world where trouble is inescapable, you can be of good cheer because I have overcome the world. -Book: Jesus Calling

Remember that joy is not dependent on your circumstances. Some of the world’s most miserable people are those whose circumstances seem the most enviable. People who reach the top of the ladder career-wise are often surprised to find emptiness awaiting them. True Joy is a by-product of living in My Presence. Therefore you can experience it in palaces, in prisons…anywhere.

Do not judge a day as dev
oid of Joy just because it contains difficulties. Instead, concentrate on staying in communication with Me. Many of the problems that clamor for your attention will resolve themselves. Other matters you must deal with, but I will help you with them. If you make problem-solving secondary to the goal of living close to Me, you can find Joy even in your most difficult days. -Jesus Calling
--------------------------------------
Piano Guys collection of songs... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.