Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Changes in My Life

Sorry that I did not update very thoroughly over the past two weeks. But I am happy to report that things have been going generally well and I'm learning a lot. I joined GoodLIFE fitness gym and have been going for 2-3 times a week, which has given me a more happy attitude, less lethargic, more energy, and more joy. I love the body combat fitness class where we do boxing and other martial arts combined with an aerobics workout. Unfortunately because of going to the gym I lost an earring and my shampoo/body wash stuff because of my carelessness. But i will work out a lot and hopefully make this gym worth my money.

I have learned that I cannot neglect taking care of myself. I need to have fun every week and exercise no matter how busy I am. It will actually benefit me in the long run.

Things with Harold have been interesting. I am growing closer to him as a friend and we are slowly opening up to each other sharing about our past. He went through a breakup recently so I must be patient and not push him even though I like him a lot. He's a great person, loves God and loves others, I can see how he could become a good pastor even though there is still so much I need to learn about this guy. But I have a good feeling about him and Gloria is supportive.

Things with God have gotten better too. After a wake up call from Chris Kam I realized that I wasn't growing fast enough in my relationship with God. I was stagnant. And that basically means I was behind. But lately I have made a plan just like Chris suggested, to read the Bible every night and spend quality time in prayer. It also helps that I'm less lethargic due to going to the gym, I can concentrate better in the Bible and wake up on time.

Today I'm going to see the gynecologist. Thank God instead of running two weeks straight my period now runs for only 1.5 weeks straight. That is an improvement.

April and May and June are going to be busy months for me. Organizing my birthday party (btw. Thuy what are you doing for your birthday???) which the party will be on the 21st, organizing children's programs, doing readings, doing assignments and studying for exam, etc. Plus prepping for missions trip to Montreal.

The missions trip to Montreal will cost roughly 1350 dollars for two weeks which is more than what I expected. I will need to fundraise like crazy and pray hard. Things are really pressing.

I need to learn how to not only pray mostly for myself but pray deeply for others. Not brief, here you go, prayers, but deep, expansive, intimate and specific prayers. So let me do some of that now...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.