Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thorns on my foot. :( ughhhhhhh

2 Corinthians 12:7b-10

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

----

This Bible passage talks about some kind of thing that was bothering and paining Paul. we do not know what this "thorn" is but I guess it was intentionally vague so that we could all relate to it, whether this thorn is a demon bothering you or whether this thorn is a physical ailment or other struggle.

Right now I have two thorns on my foot. My right foot to be exact. My right boot that i bought for forty dollars started to have a hole inside the right heel area. (i accidentally typed "hell area" lol) And the hole revealed a Nail-like thing that dug into my right foot.

Gross huh? Well guess what, stupid me thought I could withstand this boot. I thought I could just shuffle my feet instead of putting weight on my heel. But guess what now I have a blister on both my right hell and my right ball of the foot. I can't even tip toe because it hurts like that.

So Satan is giving me right now a "thorn" on my foot (instead of side, like Paul) and i gotta say that God's grace is enough. I prayed for the blisters to go away but it aint working so maybe I should pray three times like Paul then give up??? well maybe thats not the point of the lesson but yeah i need to get a cushioned shoe or something. UGHHHH or a WHEEL CHAIR!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.