Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012


(The above picture was taken by my friend Ricardo. Its the first sunrise of 2012)

Below are the facebook updates of my friends that i found meaningful...
---
Tomorrow is not a promise you can keep. Live each day with no regrets - to the fullest.

--

History is His story (Rick Warren) - bonne année 2012 :)

--

"New year. New Joys. Same Jesus" - Piper

--

Everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself. —1 John 3:3

------

“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NIV)

If the Apostle Paul made New Year’s resolutions, my thought is he only had one resolution on his list: “[This year] I resolve to know nothing but Christ and him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).

Paul’s message is radically simple: Salvation is in Christ alone. What does this mean?

It’s not Christ plus your good behavior.
It’s not Christ plus the number of verses you memorize.
It’s not Christ plus being super active in church.
It’s not Christ plus your tithe.
It’s not Christ plus wisdom from the latest Christian seminar.
It’s not Christ plus the years you taught a Bible study.
It’s not Christ plus well-behaved children.

It’s simply Christ — Christ plus nothing.

A message that is as right throughout this coming year as it will be in 2999. Let’s make our resolution for 2012 to focus on Jesus, who he is, and what he did for us.

----

2012 Resolution:
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.- Philippians 3:12

--

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17

--

Here's to an incredible year, one full of new dreams, new passions, exciting adventure, a start of a new journey, an opportunity to learn new things everyday, stretching myself far out of my comfort zone, doing things i never thought i'd ever be successful at, being continually inspired by the people around me, and hoping I played a small part in impacting others.
It certainly has been an awesome year, but it WON'T compare to next year, it's going to be even BETTER! Bring on the NEW!!

--

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :D LEARN FROM THE PAST, LOOK TO THE FUTURE :D

This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

-Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

(i wrote this last one)

----





My 2012 love song. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.