Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Missing Quebec

Quebec is my dream. I really want to live and work there in the future. Originally I felt that this passion was from God and that meant that I should become a Pastor in Montreal or something in the future. Now I don't know anymore...

because my spoken French isn't even that good. And there is so much going on in Toronto: ministries, friendships, family... how am I supposed to leave all of that?

I was talking to Sam a bit today and he said that sometimes you have a dream but God wants someone else to accomplish that dream, kind of like how David in the Bible wanted to build the temple but God wanted his son to do it. Sam said, "Sometimes we have dreams but maybe it's to inspire others or maybe it's for us, we just have to follow God and see" (something like that)

Today I was very sad because I missed Quebec. It sounds stupid, I know, but I was crying for a good while about it, because my sister got this 5-week trip acceptance to the Explore program in Quebec and she might not even take it, whereas when I applied, I didn't get accepted and now I probably will never have the chance to go. It's the one thing I regret most about my university career, not going to Explore.

MY SPOKEN FRENCH SUCKS!!!! And I have no time to practice it, cuz I'm so busy with so many English-speaking and Chinese-speaking ministries!!!

:(

Don't worry, I'm not bitter, I'm just stating the facts. I don't regret joining softball, helping out at church, or doing all the things I'm doing for Arabic church and Grace church. It's just I wish somehow there was more time so I could also go to Quebec and learn more French. SIGH.

Don't worry, I'm ok. I just needed to let it all out. God knows best. And I trust in His timing and His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.