Wednesday, January 13, 2010
To Save a Life... just start by a simple Hello.
This movie is coming out in the US, hopefully my church teens will want to join together and bring it to Toronto. I think it has a great message. It's true, so many teen suicides happen because they feel like no one cares. And suicides don't get published in the papers, and they are even more forgotten about... If you try to reach out to the lost and lonely, the world will become a happier and more loving place. This movie reminds me of my younger days. It started with Selina reaching out to me, asking me about my day, and that's when I felt like I belonged somewhere. That's why as a Christian now, I am super outgoing and introduce myself to practically everyone, because I know that when I look into someone else's eyes, Jesus is there in some mysterious way. He said that whatever we do unto the least of the brothers of his, we do it unto Him.
Suicide is a big problem in North America. You would think that such a rich country like Canada with no wars going on in it... that you'd be happy. No. I think poor countries are happier than us for some reason, because at least they bond together and don't feel isolated and stressed to the max in a big city.
Anyway, we can reverse this trend. It takes one day to change a life, one simple hello and one sincerely said "how are you", just a sweet smile or a hug. It takes only one person to start a love revolution, only one decision to impact the world. One voice to convince a nation, one heart to save a billion souls.
If you don't think you can do it, just look at many examples over the course of history... Craig Kielburger, Agnesë Gonxhe Bojaxhiu (later renamed Mother Teresa), Bob Pierce, William Tyndale, Martin Luther, Martin Luther King Jr., Nellie McClung, Rosa Parks...
If you do not know some of these names I suggest that you google them. You will realize that these are not superheroes but ordinary people who chose to stand up for what was right. And I am inspired by them. In fact, I was named after one of them :-) Guess which?
Love,
Martine Lee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.