Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yearning

Today I am really yearning.

Yearning for Montreal.  I kind of want to be there right now.  Just the atmosphere of Mont Royal, the people, wanting to just start my own full-time ministry.  But here I am studying for another two and half years.

I am really yearning for God.  This week I spent some time with Cymone, my new spiritual director.  She helped me figure out creative ways to connect with God, such as singing prayers.  She also helped me figure out I like to interact with God in tangible, hands on ways, such as taking a walk, doing art, music, and dancing.

I am really yearning to know who will be my future husband.  In order for both my parents, God, and myself to be satisfied, this person will most likely be a trilingual Chinese person living in Montreal, I'll probably meet him while doing missions at a Montreal church, and he will hopefully like to play guitar, sing, and dance.

I know I'm in a Christian seminary school, learning to become a pastor, but I just really don't feel like doing the readings.  I'm more of a hands on person and these books are really overload.  I know I can get smarter by reading these books but I really just wish I could just attend lectures and do assignments without reading books.

And part of me just wants to be done.  I've been in school for so long and everyone is asking me when will I be done.  Everyone! 

I know God probably wants me to stay in Toronto for another 3 years, but that seems really long right now.  I just really want to achieve my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.