Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Feeling a little bit left out

I just found out (through facebook) that my friend Richard Tsang got married on Saturday. I feel kind of left out that I didn't know about this. I'm not mad that I wasn't invited, but I just feel a bit left out. Richard went to my old church. It seems like almost every time someone from my old church gets married, I wasn't invited. I guess they don't consider me close enough as a friend?

It's funny (not haha funny but weird) that my new friend Vivek at my new church got invited to the wedding. I guess they are closer friends. Vivek had told me on Sunday that he missed Saturday softball practice for a wedding. Little did I know that it was actually Richard and Assunta's wedding.

The only times I got invited to weddings of people from my old church was Stevenson and Grace's wedding and Sam Wong and Fiona's wedding. Stevenson and Grace's wedding was a long time ago, back when I was still in high school. And Sam Wong's wedding? I didn't go because I was holding a grudge against Sam Wong. I know, so stupid.

I don't hold that grudge anymore. Looking back, it was kind of silly why I held that grudge. I should have forgiven him. But I guess when he invited me to his wedding I felt like there was no point in going.

Leaving behind my old church wasn't easy. I still miss the people a lot and right now tears are coming up a bit as I think about it. A huge part of my identity came from that church. And it's sad that I'm so "out of it" right now that I didn't even know Richard got married.

I like my new church. But I still miss ETCBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.