Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer!

I haven't written here for ages. I just finished a week of summer school at Tyndale (my new school). It was great, except for the fact that I kept falling asleep in class. The material was interesting and engaging, just that I was really tired and not used to being in class all day like in high school. Also I was not used to waking up really early to leave my house at 7am. Thuy, I feel your pain now.

This summer is really packed full of activities even though at first glance it seems like I am doing nothing (no full-time job). But I got a job with Agape Charis Learning Centre to teach elementary math and intermediate/advanced French at a summer camp in July. It's not that many hours, which is bad and good at the same time. Bad because I don't get enough money, but good because then I can focus on preaching at Arabic church as well as all the other church stuff I'm involved in.

I'm involved in a lot. Church softball, junior highs, children, Arabic church, and tutoring on the side still with Notabilia Education Centre.

And I'm spending all the extra time to meet up with people that I haven't seen in ages. I just wish I had more evenings free so I could meet up with Thuy!

You know what I did to try and keep myself awake during the last three days of summer school? I tried to eat constantly.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that we can meet up again soon too!!!

    And you know what, the thing that you did to stay awake was exactly what i did at work too. I ate like whenever i can, apple, ice cream, muffins, etc. lol It's summer, so that's ok :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.