Saturday, March 12, 2011

Rediscovering myself

This week has been overall a really good week. Just yesterday the toddlers (Mandarin Children's Fellowship) went REALLY WELL. Thank God! Just when I thought that toddlers was not my thing, I realized that it really depended on whether the kids were having a good or bad day, not necessarily related to my ability to help them. And Jennifer encouraged me saying I am indeed gifted in Children and Youth.

I still wonder though if I am still as gifted in children as I was before. I feel myself not doing as well in Children's ministry as I am doing in Youth ministry at the moment. But then again, it also depends on the kids and how well they know me and how responsive they are.

I feel like my calling is towards youth because it's the critical age where a lot of them are discovering their identities, trying new things, and facing issues such as rejection, isolation, peer pressure, suicidal thoughts, and other stresses and pressures. I feel that as a result of these needs I want to be there as a role model and help them through these stages.

Plus, I don't feel as if I have a lot of creativity, which is what little kids need. Anyway, this year I will test out the waters and see where I'm gifted at and how things go. I was considering not helping out with toddlers after this year's contract ends but maybe maybe maybe it's not so bad after all??? In any case, this is a training and testing year for me, to discover myself and my talents and gifts.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Have you considered that God doesn't call the able, but He enable those He called. You're not judged by the result, that's between them and God. Rather your part is being willing to go and let God use you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.