Right before my Montreal trip, I lost my phone. Turns out it was at the bubble tea shop where me and Chris met up. I must have been kind of nervous meeting Chris after so long. So much so that I forgot to check my seat for my belongings when I left the bubble tea shop. Well at least the bubble tea shop found it, and I got my phone back last Saturday when I met up with Chris again (he helped me find it at the bubble tea shop).
I don't have any feelings for Chris anymore, but for some reason I still thought (not did, just thought) about holding his hand or arm for a few seconds. Maybe it's just cuz I was used to it back then. And he is still so nice to me, insisting that he pay for my bubble tea and drive me all the way back home even though it's not convenient for him. I don't know. But we established we are just friends.
The Montreal trip was overall pretty good. It was my first time traveling alone. I mean, all the other times I stayed with someone I knew or traveled with someone I knew. This is the first time I traveled alone and stayed at the hostel not knowing anyone there. It's my 9th time in Montreal so it's kind of OK I guess.
I met David from OK Cupid for the first time. I call him my brother. On the Tuesday right before meeting me, a car crashed into him while he was on his bike. So he was scraped up and upset when I saw him for the first time. But other than that. we hung out and had food, walked around, visited bars, visited Schwartz and had smoked meat, went up and down Mont Royal, walked around and looked at rich houses... it was good.
I also met Alex from OK Cupid for the first time. I was more nervous meeting him than meeting David, cuz I talked with David a lot over Skype beforehand and David likes another girl and is atheist so I know I wouldn't date him. But with Alex I guess I felt maybe there was a possibility that he could be a potential boyfriend. He seemed like he really cared about me, and he also used the Bible and prayer to encourage me.
Alex and I had poutine and walked around town together. However, I still had my doubts because of some things that he said. Now I'm even more worried about something else, which I will explain later.
I didn't just go to Montreal to meet with OK Cupid people, they were more like "extra". I went to Montreal because I missed Montreal. I wanted to be in that city again. Emilie and Roodens were available too, so I met up with them as well.
With Emilie I went to Laval's big mall, and it was nice to catch up with her. I would say that in the city of Montreal, she is my best friend. We are not that close, but whenever I visit Montreal I try to visit her, and whenever she is in Toronto she tries to visit me. We share together and pray together.
With Roodens, I was so happy that he could read the Bible verses I gave him. He says he carries them in his bag everywhere every day. He introduced me to his friend Durano, 17 years old, who is also an orphan and a Jehovah's Witness. Unfortunately, after I added Durano on facebook, he started saying weird stuff that showed that he liked me romantically or at least was trying to flirt with me. So I told him no. Then he got mad. I told Roodens to take care of him. Hey, all I was trying to do was be his friend! I didn't know a 17 year old guy could like a 26 year old woman!
Anyway I didn't think I liked Alex that much but somehow he was so caring and texted me a lot, and I started liking him more and more. What made it worse was my parents and sister stalked him on facebook and my mom said encouraging things like how she hopes it will work out, and she thinks by looking at his face that he looks honest... (I'm not all for judging people based on their face, but both my sister and my mom have always judged people by their face and seeing how I've dated a lot of bad people, I rather trust them than myself)
Well at the same time, though, my mom wanted to be careful so she said I should make sure his church is not a cult. Slowly as I started to research I started to panic. I asked Alex about his beliefs and he didn't articulate it very well and it sounded skewed. So now I have to ask him more questions to clarify, because some of the things he said sounded totally different from Christianity. It could just be that he doesn't know how to explain it. But I don't know. Cuz it's not just the way he said it, it's also he follows a preacher, Titus Chu, and that preacher when I look him up, he is associated with this group of false teachers who don't believe in the Holy Trinity.
I don't know, I could be panicking for nothing, but I guess I'm just worried I'll have to deal with letting another good guy go, and it's because as a pastor I need a future husband who has the same beliefs as me, and someone who is strong in faith. I talked to Andrew Chao about this, and Andrew thinks that Alex is not right for me. Not only does he not know how to explain his beliefs, but he also has low self control (he admitted it himself). And those two things are a problem for me.
That is why my head is spinning lately and I've been more stressed. I really want to get down to the bottom of this. Is his church a cult or not, and is he right for me or not?
OK I'm too tired to type anymore...
Monday, November 3, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.