Sunday, May 2, 2010

A world of neon green and black.

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Philippians 4: 11-13, NASB

Today there was a planned power outage (Yes, I also asked why it was planned) and we had a meeting in a conference room lit by green glow sticks (no windows). It felt alien, funny, and evil all at the same time. If you saw my photos you'd know. The phones and lights were ALL not working, although I kept trying to turn on the TV and lamp, forgetting that those were powered by electricity too.

When the light came back on, someone said "Wow, I don't feel like an Amish anymore!" and someone yelled, "Hey, Equity!" (both of these were guys, figures... haha jks) but really it shows how much we modernized ppl have come to depend on electricity and technology. We really take small blessings for granted, even something as simple as being able to cook without using old pioneer methods.

Light is a big thing too. I kept on wanting to fall asleep, I had to sit by the window after we switched meeting rooms. Sunlight is also taken for granted. Seriously!

And what about colours? I could hardly see in the dark. I saw a world of neon green and black. It was creepy. So yeah, colours, another thing we take for granted. I think if we all were more thankful, we'd be a lot more happier and more satisfied.

The Bible says we should always give thanks. Man, I gotta learn that. And by the way, I found the Bible passage above under the suggested reading section for those who are unemployed. That's me! Isn't it interesting how usually we take the last sentence of this passage (verse 13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me) and use it for general things we do every day, but don't apply it to being content whatever the circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.