Saturday, November 14, 2009

What would you do if it was your last day on earth?

Hello friends! How are you?

I watched 2012 today with Adrian, Josh, and Qasim. It was so much better than I thought! Not only was the plot really good, but I thought at first that it was going to be scary and depressing, but it actually turned out to be a bit funny and sentimental, as well as action-packed. It makes you think, well, what would you do if it was your last day on Earth?

I am not going to spoil the movie, but some of the people in the movie didn't know the world was ending, so they didn't get a chance to say goodbye or make amends. And to be honest, you and I don't know when the world's gonna end or if one day we get into an accident, so seriously, why wait? Why do we have to wait to say "I love you", give a hug to someone, or say you are sorry?

There is this facebook thing called Honesty Box, and it's where people can leave anonymous comments answering a question about you. Recently this question popped up and I chose it as my Honesty Box question. It was something like, "If I were to die tomorrow what would you say?" I really want to know.

---
(NOW IS THE SMALL SPOILER ALERT)

(I WARNED YOU, IF YOU READ ANY FURTHER YOU WILL KNOW HINTS ABOUT THE 2012 MOVIE, not that many, though)

The movie really showed what it meant to be caring. Giving of yourself so that others can be saved. I really admire that. And it showed the absurdity of giving first-class people the right to be saved and the lower-class people being forgotten. It's kind of like in Titanic, it was so unfair. The movie had different scenes from all over the world. It helped me to think about all those people out there, that I will never meet or may meet in heaven. It makes me think of them as part of myself, too.

There was a lot of people praying too. Some prayers didn't get answered. But at least they had the peace of God and hope of God in their hearts. It is devastating to die without hope or peace within you. There were also a lot of "last calls". You know, the kind that were made by people working in the twin towers or on the hijacked plane at 9/11. Very chilling but also very touching because it is at those moments that you truly appreciate what you had in life, and who you love.

I never will know when is my last day. It's not like I have a countdown on top of my head telling me when I will die. But I think what's important is that I make the most out of the time I have. I realize that I often forget about some friends that I haven't seen in a while. But we all need each other. My friend Karl called today, was having some troubles at Univ. of Waterloo. It felt good to pray with him again. We used to pray alot together in the past, it was really good, I always felt better after we prayed. Glad to do the same for him now.

My friend Josh also needs a lot of support. So I'm glad that Adrian and I cheered him up more this month. And also Qasim, it was good to see him today, after like... 6 months? has it really been that long?

Yesterday at church we were talking about spiritual gifts. I was really excited to learn about spiritual gifts because, well, spiritual gifts are God-given abilities given to each person to serve the church/the world. And because I am so workaholic, I kind of lost track of what to focus on. Quality instead of quantity is what I need to remember.

So I found out that I have (from most to least)
-Encouragement
-(tie) Leadership & Mercy
-Administration
-(tie) Faith, Giving, Hospitality, Evangelism, and Shepherding (leading a group of disciples)

And it doesn't matter how many gifts you have, but really how well you use them. I feel that a lot of times, I forget to encourage people. And I forget that I actually can help with Administration, I tend to beat myself up for not having the gift of Administration when I actually do have it.

(In case you are wondering, there is a questionnaire that we did to find out our gifts, and the gifts are talked about in 1 Corinthians 12 in the Bible)

So let me encourage you guys with this:

Live, laugh, and love! Tell the people you love how you feel about them, and don't ever give up on yourself, either. Trust that the things you cannot handle are in the hands of God, and you will feel an immeasurable, unexplainable peace that will surround you. I'm very happy to know all of you, and I hope to hear from you all at this blog (comment)! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.